sway bar part number

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: sway bar part number
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdbc.vid.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 94 10:14:43 PDT
Bob B had asked about part numbers for sway bars:

Bob,
 I have ordered various sway bars from Whitney. As you know
they are Addco bars and come in Addco boxes with Addco part numbers.
The price is about half what Addco or anyone else charges.

J.C.Whitney doesn't list all possable size bars for all cars. I simply
called Addco and got their part number for the diamiter bar I wanted
and the car I wanted. Then I sent an order to Whitney with those numbers
clearly marked and the words "Addco part number". The parts were sent;
no problem. I ordered 4 sway bars this way.

By the way I didn't like Addco's design for a GT6 rear bar. It dips
down in the middle. I supose they ment to clear the exhaust pipe. It
is much to close to the ground and I finally had to take it off my street
car. On my race car I used a front bar off an MGB in the rear with better
results.

Their design for the rear bar for the TR3 looked so flaky that I still
havn't installed it. They do well with front bars because they just
copy the existing form and change the diam.

regards/Dick