Time to go

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Car List),
Subject: Time to go
From: gavin@csis.dit.csiro.au (Gavin Walker)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 10:28:15 +1000 (EST)
Hi Guys
  Well having owned a Large British Car (SD1) for the last year and a half
I've decided to opt out for a rice burner.  It's all those damnable
SOL diseases and a few other diseases I might elucidate below.  Those
and the SOL laws.  Like the magic number of things that have to be
broken in a LBC.  You've all been a great help and I wish you all well
with your projects.

Diagnosed British Diseases

  Shipwright's Disease
  Over Restorer's Disease
  Just one more Disease
  I can't do it properly so it won't get done Disease

New Diseases

  British is Likeable Disease

    Just owning a British car tends to attract people to your
    vicinity.  They say all sorts of good things about it.  While
    not a bad thing, do they like your car or you.

  Continual Enhancement Disease

    This is typically a result of the British is Likeable Disease.  You
    get so much attention from your car that you continually want to
    enhance it.  Cubic dollars or financial ruin are the only cures.

  Perpetual Daydreamers Disease

    Flowing on from the Continual Enhancement Disease the typical
    middle class person wil be scrounging money for the next stage in
    the project.  This naturally leads to long delays so the interim
    time is spent daydreaming or planning for the eventual outcome.
    A variation is spending the time trouble shooting rather than
    daydreaming.  The net effect is that same in that it disrupts
    think patterns in everything else.  This is dreadful if you have a
    "heavy thinking" job.

I've had mild cases of all these diseases and I feel the only cure is
a British divorce.  Best of luck to you all.

--
  _--_|\             -|-    Gavin Walker

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust
consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for
yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes
and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure
is there your heart will be also." ... "No one can serve two masters;
for either he will hate one and love the other, or he will be devoted
to one and despise the other.  You cannot serve God and riches."
Matthew 6:19-21,24