CARBS/ MANIFOLDS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: CARBS/ MANIFOLDS
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 07:45:00 -0400
John D. Borrows: The "inch and a half long with a wound steel
protective sheaf" is actually part of the jet. Several months
ago Scott Fisher#1 gave a very good description with assci
drawings of the assembly of the jet to the float bowl. I am
sure the piece is in the files. John, I would suggest you
equip yourself with the MGB catalog from Victoria British
(800.255.0088). On page 112 of their catalog they show the
jet nut (3-989); washer (3-990) and rubber gland (3-991).
When these pieces are all correctly assembled, there is
little chance of petrol leaking. Look to see that there is
not already a gland left in the bottom of the float.

Jim Crosson: A few years back I acquired a 40DCOE and manifold
from a friend. Package price:$100US. I would suggest, if you haven't
already, read Vizzard's chapters on manifolds, then start hunting
the swap meets and flea markets. I intended to put the Weber on
a 1275 in my Bugeye. However, also under consideration, two
SU H4's. Iam not convinced that the Weber is so much better
than two larger SU's.

Alan