Car names

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Car names
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 08:06:54 EDT
I haven't seen too much about this subject lately.  I guess most
everyone has given their two cents.  I thought it might be interesting
to relay the fact that my TR7 (which I have owned for nearly four
years) was finally christened with a name last evening.  It's name
is Ken.  As in Barbie's friend.  You see, my wife and I have been talking
about putting some money into the car before it becomes a total
basket case.  It is rusting a bit, but the mechanicals seem to be
in pretty good shape, so we will fix him up a little.  Being a '76,
it is, of course, a coupe.  My wife would dearly love a convertable,
but she also likes the TR7 shape.  Since we have this car in hand,
and we know its condition, it is the one to get the nod for our bucks.
This car will never pass a concourse inspection however, as we are
planning to add a sun roof.  Since my TR7 will never be correct,
I named my toy after a very popular (not anatomically correct) toy
of the 60's to the present.

So there you have it.  I hope that this topic has not accumulated too
much dust as of late.

-Jim.
----
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   Email:  jab@netrix.com
Netrix Corporation                    '92 Honda Accord
13595 Dulles Technology Drive         '76 Triumph TR7
Herndon VA  22071        Give Blood -- It's a great feeling!