RE: MGB headlight upgrades

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB headlight upgrades
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 94 15:23:58 PDT
 I've run 4 halogens on my spit-6.  I used relays and ran a separate wiring
harness.  They system was setup so that on low setting, all 4 low filaments
came on.  On 'main' setting, all 4 low and all 4 high filaments came on
at the same time.  That was around 400 watts of power.  Of course, being
partial to over-engineering modifications, and being somewhat paranoid of
getting pulled over for too bright of lighting, I rigged an extra relay
circuit that cut out the "high and low filaments on at the same time" when
the ignition switch was shut off (as it would be if I was getting pulled
over).  But I digress. My car has a few corny modifications like this.

Does this help?
          Greg Meboe