improved TR6 sway-bar end-link

To: sol@us.oracle.com
Subject: improved TR6 sway-bar end-link
From: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 21:42:08 PDT
'lo...

Picked up my bushings today and assembled my replacement anti-sway bar
end-links.  Installation was much easier than the stock links.  Works
GREAT!  Total cost was ~$17 each (not including urethane bushings from
Vicky), compared to ~$24 for stock links with rubber.

Parts list for one side:

        7/16-20 female spherical ball-joint end ($6.75, Frey Racing;
            be warned that 7/16 is generally hard to find)
    ball-joint to bracket:
        7/16-14x3 cap-head cut down to 2-1/4 (not available in 3"
            as UNF, *sniff*; long size needed for proper shank length)
        7/16x1 (5/8 OD, or 3/4 OD with additional machined chamfer)
            ANSI type P headless bushing as spacer ($6.60 Shop Tools
            Inc, any machine tool supply)
        7/16-14 nylock
    ball-joint to bar-end:
        7/16-20x3-1/2 bolt
        7/16-20 locknut
        7/16 hard/ground flat washer (qty 4, machine tool supply)

Attach link to bar-end loosely so it can flop around; bolt bracket-side
up tight, then tighten down bar-end bolts and locknut successively to
get proper squish, turn bolt to snug locknut, and finally lock it all
down with locknut-to-ball-joint.

All hardware is grade 5.  Be warned OSH and most hardware stores stock
crappy T**w*n*s* hardware for all grades (check the box); I buy my stuff
at Danforth and Industrial HW & Supply; they stock ESNA and other good
brands.  Compare T**w*n*s* with ESNA side-by-side to see the difference.

--ian