head pulling/turning over motor

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: head pulling/turning over motor
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 08:00:57 CDT
I pulled the head of the 72 Midget last night....I'll drop it at the
machine shop before lunch and see if they can drill and tap it out. I could
get the valves done while it's in, but I can't really afford it at the mo.

With the head off, I tried to gt the motor turning over. Number 2 cylinder (the
one with the rusted in spark plug) looked a bit yucky with corrosion. I cleaned
it up and it wasn't that bad. Put her in 4th, and rocked and rocked and rocked
but she wouldn't budge. Sprayed liberal amounts of WD40 on the pistons and left
them last night. Hopefully they'll break free tonight.

Is it good practise to hook the starter up and try and spin it??

Marcus