Landie for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Landie for sale
From: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 13:33 EDT
From: Jules@learnlink.emory.edu (Sean P. Murphy)
Subject: Land Rover Wanted!

> Would anyone who sees a Land Rover for sale in their local area,
> please E-Mail me info on it?  I'm looking for a relatively cheap one,
> preferably series IIa, but mail me anything you find.  Thanks!

Over the week-end I saw a Landie SIIA for sale near where I live (NJ),
it is a SWB, tan color, "Safari" hardtop. Don't know any other details,
I just stopped to have a look and the dealership was closed.

I also found a SWB SIIA in Chatsworth (NJ). It hs been sitting in this guy's
driveway for as long as I can remember - looks okay.
Gerry

PS - I think a 'relatively cheap Land-rover" is an oxymoron !!!, I think we
get into the same discussion of a $6000 MGB, ie buy a $1000 MGB and spend
$5000 restoring it, or spend $6000 for a restored MGB (your prices may vary !).