Westminster-what that?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Westminster-what that?
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 94 11:54:49 BST

Curt,

The Austin Westminster was (by UK standards) a big, heavy, solid
saloon much favoured by bank managers and chartered accountants
in the sixties (can you handle the image?). Austin's answer to
the Rover. It was the larger version of the Farina Austin A60.
If it doesn't have tail fins, then it will be the earlier boxy
version from the fifties, of which they also made a pick-up (although
4-cyl) well into the sixties.

Yes, the engine is the same as the A-H 3000, although with
different compressions/carburetion etc. A 5-bearing, I believe.

The thing I remember about them is that is where the original
MG-B heater controls come from!

Paul.