RE: Austin Westminster

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Austin Westminster
From: "GOODWIN, Steve" <goodwis@liciren.li.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 94 10:22:00 BST

If I recall, this was a late 60s BMC model. My father had a Wolseley 6/99
(on which I learnt to drive) which was basically the same thing with
slightly different styling.
It used the old BMC C Series 3 litre straight 6 - like so many other things.
A beautiful engine which tends to go on for ever! Twin SUs was normal. My
dad's was an automatic - I suspect what you have is a steering column shift
manual box. .....
I've just found the Workshop Manual!  ...
Bore 3.281", Stroke 3.5", Capacity 2912cc (177.7 cu in)  Torque 163 lb ft @
2750 rpm
(remember, this is the Wolseley)

I could try and email you a scanned picture from the manual if you are
interested.

Steve Goodwin      (goodwis@liciren.li.co.uk)