1980 Spitfire Mk III?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1980 Spitfire Mk III?
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 08 Jul 1994 09:38:48 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I saw a nice green Mk III Spitfire on Mass Ave. in Cambridge yesterday
afternoon. The vanity plate was "FUN TME" and it was registered in MA. Being
the brash type, I approached the vehicle as it was stopped at a light. The
woman who was driving told me it was 1980(!) Spitfire. I kindly invited her to
at least stop by Day of Triumph this Sunday. The occupants seemed partially
enthused.

Near as I can figure it looks like someone pasted a Mk III body to a
newer chassis, although I really couldn't tell. It was definately _not_
a 1980 body.

I liked the registration plate though.

later,
rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |