Re: Aston Martin Maunderings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aston Martin Maunderings
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 10:44:31 -0400
Dave Williams writes:

>  I've always been a closet Aston Martin fan.  Lately I've come across
> some stuff that, for lack of any other place, I'm sending to the britcar
> list.

I love it!!!   I've been out the closet quite a while though (regarding
Aston Martins, that is...) so I really enjoyed seeing your article.

>  I was flipping through a September 1984 Road & Track the other day...

> 175.0 mph  - Aston Martin Vantage           $66,330

Drool,slobber,lust,lust... oops, forgive me, I've got to wipe my monitor...

I've just gotten TBS on my cable system and have been enjoying "James Bond
Nights."  I was drooling all over the DB5 in "Goldfinger" the other night
and absolutely squirming over the DB in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"
(my favourite James Bond film) last night.  Note I didn't say which DB.
I _think_ it was a DBS V-8.  What year was the flick...? I forgot to check
the credits.  Here are some production years:

DB5             3995cc, 6cyl Saloon/Dhc 1963-65
DB6             3995cc, 6cyl Saloon     1965-69
DBS             3995cc, 6cyl Fhc        1967-72
DB6 MkII        3995cc, 6cyl Saloon     1969-70
DBS V-8         5340cc, V-8  Fhc        1969-?

Anyway, as always, I love any and all Aston Martins.  I was especially
pleased to see the DB series continued when the gorgeous DB7 came out!

        Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
  "Like a stately Aston Martin... With all her bravery on, and tackle trim..."
          (With apologies to John Milton who said "ship" in his original quote)