What are prices for Rover sedans?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: What are prices for Rover sedans?
From: joyce_eaton@rainbow.mentorg.com (Joyce Eaton)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 08:31:45 -0700
Would all of you do me a big favor and look out for Rover sedans in car
lots or newspaper ads or car swap meets?  I would like to know the prices
(asking price and sale price), to get an idea of what ours was worth before
an accident, so my insurance company will not say that it has an extremely
low value and total it.  Cars of Particular Interest lists it as $2250 low,
$3050 average, $4050 high (approximate figures, since I'm typing this from
memory).  Is the high listing for a concourse-style car, or is it just for
a car in very good shape?

My husband and I own one: a 1969 P6 2000 SC Rover sedan, ~62K actual miles,
in great shape in the interior, and it used to be fairly good on the
exterior (one previous owner, and we have all of the mechanical history
and sales literature).  My husband just got in an accident with it.  The
front fenders, bumper, hood, front valance, and some lights were damaged (from
a glancing hit with an oncoming car, the left front fender and hood and the
lights got damaged; and then off in the ditch the right front fender got
damaged; the front valance and bumper got damaged from both hits).  All but
the left front fender might be repairable (EXCEPT for finding someone
with good knowledge and experience repairing aluminum bodies).  (The front
valance was crunched previously from what our mechanic thought was a lousy
tow job.)

The car was drivable after the accident (except my husband was
so flustered after the accident, that he tried using the wrong key to start
the car, so he had it towed to our mechanic, who knowing the car, started
it up right away with the correct key).  The mechanic looked at it at and
said that except for the body damage, it looked fine (a tribute to Rover's
great engineering).

The claim adjustor from the insurance company first looked at the car
and said they would total it, but when questioned he admitted that he
didn't have a clue as to the value of the car pre-accident or the price
of any parts.  We haven't heard back from the insurance company yet.
Oregon now has a law that if the car is declared totalled by the
insurance company, you must surrender your regular title and get
a salvage permit to be able to keep the car, even though the damage
is primarily cosmetic and is perfectly repairable.

So I would like to know what other Rover sedans are out there for sale.
(The insurance company bases the price partly on what other cars are
being sold out there).

Please e-mail to me (or respond to the British car list if the reply
is of general interest).
                        Thanks!
                        Joyce Eaton
                        joyce_eaton@mentorg.com