Citroens are nominally a British car, honest

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Citroens are nominally a British car, honest
From: bryan@roborough.gpsemi.COM (Duncan Bryan)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 17:02:31 BST
As an owner of many British cars over the years I have gone back
to Citroens, whilst my wife keeps her Mini 1000.

Unpatriotic? Probably, but how many of you knew that Citroen had a
factory at Slough, England, for many years. It used to make DS's,
traction avants ( light 15's etc ) and of course the 2CV in many guises.

So. There may well be people out there who think they're driving a French
car, when all the time it is really a British car ( in disguise ).

Yes, I'm a Citroen fan.

I enjoy reading the submisisons to this group, they often bring
back memories of cars long gone that made my life a misery.

Anyone out there still got one of the straight 6 Austin Princesses?
They were a marvellous engine. The camshaft lube system was so over the top
that I think that even without an oil pump the cam would survive 10,000 miles.

Anyway, keep on keeping on and make sure that what you drive is at least
nominally British, or preferably a Citroen.

Duncan Bryan

1982 Citroen CX
1984 Mini City E 1000
1980 Citroen GSA estate
1981 Avenger 1600 estate
1983 Morris Ital
1982 Morris Ital
1985 Volkswagen Polo
1983 Datsun something or other
and a load more that I just drove for a while.