5th annual Day of Triumph, Brookline MA

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 5th annual Day of Triumph, Brookline MA
From: Fred_Oak@vos.stratus.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 12:41 EDT
Hi,

  I just wanted to write to say how much I enjoyed the 5th annual Day of
Triumph.  I'm pretty new to this group, and up to now have just been an
observer as I do not own a british car.  I am a former owner of a 1960
TR3 (my 1st car, bought in 1969 for $300 & wish I never sold it),
and a 1969 Spitfire, both fond memories of my youth.

  I went there with the intensions of maybe staying for and hour or so, but
ended up being there for about 4 hours.  I just kept walking around looking at
all the cars over and over again.  I was in heaven.  Maybe someday I will again
own a car that is fun to drive, but for now I just look in the Want Ad and
dream.  With upcoming college tuition bils for my oldest daughter, I think I
may have a hard time justifying buying something, and reading this group
make is extemely difficult to control myself.  I keep thinking Spitfire,
Spitfire, figuring that I may be able to afford one, and to make matters worse
I jog by one everyday that is just sitting under a tarp probably rusting away.

  Well that's all I want to say.  You'll probably never hear from me again
unless I do finally crack under the pressure and give in at a weak moment,
and then I'll be writing to tell you about the Spitfire I just bought.

Fred "I want a TR3 but will settle for a Spitfire" Oak