TR6 temperature

To: sol@us.oracle.com
Subject: TR6 temperature
From: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 94 13:46:48 PDT
It's me...

I heard several suggestions for why my TR6 might be running cold.  Since my
fuel gauge works fine, the voltage stabilizer must be fine.  I grounded the
wire to the temp sender and the gauge went off the hot scale, so the gauge
is fine.

This morning when I started it cold, the water level went down in the
radiator, although the top (return?) hose didn't feel like it was full of
water.  Is that normal?  What is the water path when the thermostat is
closed?

The symptoms (runs cold when it's cold outside, runs warm when its warm
outside) say that the thermostat is stuck open.  It doesn't seem to be the
sender since its output makes sense.  I'm ordering a new 165F thermostat
to have on hand in case I'm right...

--ian