re: Healey compression

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Healey compression
From: "James Fuerstenberg" <jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 08:30:27 cdt
     RE: Dave L's comment on Healey compression.

     I know a few folks who vintage race big healey's and no one is running
     less than 10 to 1...a fellow I know who runs around 10.5 to 1
     considers that conservative...the fast guys are running more like 12
     or so to 1.

     BTW, to take advantage of more compression, a hotter cam and better
     breathing are a must.  With more compression, an appropriate cam and
     better breathing...20 or more hp are very attainable.

     You do not need much hp to walk past someone on the straight.  Just a
     couple of hp difference will make a big difference when you are both
     flat out on a long straight...a better exit from the corner will
     enhance this.

     Jim
     jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil