TR4 body panels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 body panels
From: passaret@sol.med.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti x7-4485)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 09:58:00 CDT
Does anyone know of a repro source for these that's worth looking at?
I've gottne a lot of horror stories with few names attached.

I'm contemplating biting the bullet on Sonja and pulling the body off
this winter.  There are a few pieces that I'd like to replace (like
both sets of inner/outer wings).  I've seen prices on these around
$600/set, while the best quote I've gotten from a boneyard on
"rough" originals was at least that.  There must be a reason for
that, but I'm kind of hoping it is originality fever or something...

I wonder if Brit Heritage will ever do a TR4 body shell??
(I know, if I wanted it to be easy I should have bought an MGB
 or a TR6...)

                                                        -MM