Alternator

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 14:06:11 PDT
Glen,

Yeah, I replaced 3 generators on my Spitfire before I got wise.
I grabbed a Lucas alternator to fit an 88 XJS off the shelf.
Seems to have enough power.  I think it is around 75-85 amps.
    This is a good fix, and it's a Lucas,
so I guess I'm guaranteed that it will eventually leak oil or start a fire?

                         Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                         Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                         Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                         '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)