Spotted on cross-Canada drive

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spotted on cross-Canada drive
From: stevensh@cuug.ab.ca (Stevens)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 15:30:00 MDT
Hello again...it's great to be back on this list.

Actually, though, the LBC count on my trip from Boston to Calgary was rather
low. Despite hitting Montreal on Grand Prix weekend all I saw was a flock of
Ferraris. There was one 88" Land Rover in Ontario (I've forgotten the exact
location), but I do have some more specific locations for a couple of other
vehicles in case anyone's interested.

51 kms west of Thunder Bay there are two very rough Minis (RHS of the Trans-
Canada as you head West), and at Lac des Mille Lacs there's a not bad looking
Austin A35 or A40, two-door, just sitting off the highway. This is about 130
kms W of Thunder Bay.

However, now that I'm back in Calgary, have the '64 B unwrapped and road-
legal, there's lots to report. In fact, I'm writing this having just killed
a few hundred bugs getting to and from the GoF West, being held this year in
Kananaskis, about 100 kms west of Calgary in the Rocky Mountains.

What a fabulous location to show off LBCs (specifically MGs). Mountain views
and a glorious sunny day. It looked like about 100 cars in the show today,
ranging from a '33 J2 to rubber-bumpered Bs. For non-MG fans there was some
variety as well, with an AH3000, a frogeye, a Lotus Elan Sprint and even a
Messerschmidt K200 on hand.

Car shows are bad news, though, as all they do is get you to thinking about
how simple it would be to just tidy _this_ up and straighten _that_ out, and
if only I had the time and money to......(sigh). Maybe next year. Having done
nothing to my B in the 11 years I've had it except put in a new clutch and a
new water pump, she's beginning to show her age. But aren't we all?

I don't know if there are any other Calgary or Alberta people on the list, but
if not, please consider me the Canadian Rocky region eyes and ears for the list.

Until next time, cheers.

-- Henry Stevens
(formerly hstevens@mgb.tiac.net)
stevensh@cuug.ab.ca