AC 428

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: AC 428
From: c340808@is6.mdc.com (Sharon Oblinger)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 12:16:52 PDT
 Got the recent Classic Car magazine and they had a freebie booklet
with it called "Classic Cars 100 Best Buys-L2,500-L50,000" L being
pounds. It lists from low to high end a page each of mostly LBC's and
some non-LBC's with a photo in black and white of each car, a specification
box and a brief history with pros and cons. Anyway the one that struck
my eye $$$ of course was the AC 428. Listed in the L35,000 to L12,500 range,
it's a GT Frua body on a long wheelbase Cobra chassis.  Apparently it
was never imported here to the U.S. and they only made 30 of them (con-
vertibles and 51 coupes). Has anyone out there ever seen one of these?
I've been to a lot of car shows, Monterey Historics and Pebble Beach
Concours included and I've never seen one.
--
 *** Sharon Oblinger ***
 * c340808@is6.mdc.com *