Car show finances, re: Palo Alto All British

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Car show finances, re: Palo Alto All British
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 14:30:54 PDT

> RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU writes:

> I could also add that in thirty years of attending car shows, I've
> never heard of one where the entrant paid nothing and the spectators
> picked up the entire tab. This is true in other areas as well. For

     >>Roland Dudley adds his .02 worth:

     >>That's the way the Palo Alto meet is.

     >>>And then I (daren stone) do too ....

     >>>Assuming you mean the All British Day at Stanford
     Soccer green, and that you're saying it is the case
     that the entrants pay nothing and the spectators pick
     up the tab, I must beg to differ.
          Although I have never attended the Palo Alto
     British Meet as a spectator (;-), I have had friends
     show up for free and I most certainly get charged as an
     entrant. Ten dollars last year, and no multi-car
     discount :-(.

          -daren