Re: Weekend activities

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weekend activities
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 09:18:31 EDT
(much excellent adventure prose deleted)

>Anyway, it was a grand lbc weekend. I hope yours was also.
>
>                       -Doug

Well, sort of...

I went to "English Day on the Green" at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI
on Sunday, after a day of bruised-n-bleeding nuckles working underneath the
'63B on Saturday.  I really don't like working under the car.  Not so much
because of safety considerations as because there just isn't any room for my
arms, hands, tools and fuel lines at the same time, and road debris is
constantly falling in my eyes.  But, the work got done and I got that much
closer to getting the B on the road, so... modest victory.

The Sunday car show was a tick disappointing to me this year.  Much lower
turnout than last year (maybe a third as many cars!).  Not many 'special'
cars either.  Why?  Not sure.  Admission was expensive, for one thing.  My
wife and I didn't get out without spending over $35 on admission and a quick
lunch.  Sheesh.  A friend said that the Ford Museum folks made him pay
admission for his child-passenger in his own show car, over and above the
cost for registration of the car (a lovely grey M.G.-A 1600 MkII).  Really,
that's a bit thick.  Food for thought regarding the costs of attending a car
show.  But...  Did get a chance to talk to another early B owner, took some
pix.  Saw a stunning flat rad. Morgan +4 dhc and an equally stunning XK120
racer (from Australia).  Having said the above, bear in mind that admission
to the show is really admission to the Ford Museum's Greenfield Village (a
very nice 'community' of early industrial American history; including
Edison's Menlo Park labs and much much more; really an excellent outing in
its own right).  All in all, a nice place for a show.  I just wish they
could do something about the costs.  It must have discouraged some from
coming back after last year.  (flame off)