Weekend activities

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend activities
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 08:39:31 -0400 (EDT)
I took the '52 TD yesterday to the show at Historic Deerfield, Massachusetts,
along with 2 other cars from our club ("Berkshire British Motor Club"). In case
anyone happens to be in the western part of our commonwealth, may I recommend a
lbc route? Try Route 116 to/from Deerfield Ma to/from Adams Ma. It's a road our
cars were made to be driven upon. Mimimal traffic, smooth pavement winding
through narrow valleys, high meadows (with miles of centuries old stone walls),
dairy farms and old hamlets. Simply wonderful. The exhaust notes from our lbc's
(2 TD's and an AH 3000) on the winding drive made it all the more enjoyable.

The Deerfield show was a nice event, with maybe 200+ cars, 25 of them
competing in the foreign class. Of note: a 120m Jag - my favorite, along with
an excellent original "gullwing" M.B. (apology for the non-lbc reference). I
met SOLers Scott Conti and Barry Fox. Barry entered his very nice TR4...a daily
driver BTW...Scott was without his MGB. It's great to meet other SOLers; so far
I've met Scott and Barry, and viewed Ray Gibbon's Bugeye at the Hildene show in
Manchester, Vermont. The cars owned by these SOLers are a testament to the
skill, expertise and dedication of the members of this list. (Warning -
outright brag to follow...) The green '53 TD owner by Paul Allen (and a
Berkshire British member) took "best foreign car" while my red TD took 3rd.
(geez, I've gotta get one of those nifty fold away luggage racks like Paul has
on his car...I think that helps him score points when the judging is by
participants....)

Anyway, it was a grand lbc weekend. I hope yours was also.

                        -Doug
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of my restoration style"

        Doug Phillips (Douglas.W.Phillips@Williams.edu)
        1952 MG TD, Member, New England T Register (#11109) and Berkshire
        County British Motor Car Club / Williams College, Williamstown, MA