AACA Car show near Chicago

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: AACA Car show near Chicago
From: "James Fuerstenberg" <jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 09:09:24 cdt

     Went to the American Antique Car Assoc. at Lake Forest near Chicago
     yesterday (showed my P-car as the Mini is currently waiting for a new
     race cylinder head, argghhhh).  Despite the prevalence of all manner
     an make of domestic iron from about the turn of the century, including
     2 Duesenbergs and a Stanley Steamer, there were some very nice lbcs...

     My favoite was the 1931 MG C Type 750cc supercharged.  A very nice
     car.  I had a nice conversation with a fellow who owned a 1933 MG
     J2...Fred Wacker...finished 2d in class (in a TC) to John Fitch in the
     2d Watkins Glen road race...also one of the 4 or 5 people who founded
     Road America. He talked a little about racing a modified Allard at
     Watkins Glen in the 50s.  Interesting fellow.

     There was also a very clean Mk11 Jaguar which looked to be in
     excellent condition...(also for sale for 18K).  A couple of 1930s
     Rolls Royces and an MGA Twin Cam roadster.

     Jim