CarShow

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: CarShow
From: fox@imagitex.com (Barry Fox)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 10:12:40 EDT
Thanks to Doug Phillips invite, Basil and I attended the Third Annual
Antique & Classic Car Show in Deerfield, MA.  Terrific venue, well
organized, good facilities and what an eclectic collection of cars.

The BritCars consisted of (in alpha order so as not to offend anyone):

Austin-Healey  -   Two 3000 MKIIs, both white
                   One 100-4-BN1,  BRG (one of the best cars there)

Jaguar         -   One XK120M Roadster Black (very nice)
                   One XKE 2+2 Coupe, BRG
                   One MKII 3.8 Sedan, Black  RHD

MG             -   Two TD's, Red and Almond Green(both very, very nice)
                   One TF, white
                   One MGA 1600 MKII, white
                   One (and only one) B, and a BGT at that, dark blue

Triumph        -   One TR4A, red (mine)
                   One TR6, maroon

The red TD belongs to Doug and is gorgeous.  I met the owner of the
other TD, (sorry, name escapes me) and we had chat about the the
*Almond Green* color history for MGs.  The BGT had a Weber two barrel
conversion, kinda neat.  This was the first BN1 AH I remember seeing.
The gear change lever is located on the side of the gearbox, stead of
on top.  Could some Healey whiz explain?

Other notable cars there:

Lotsa Mercedes; three newer SLs, one 300 Gull Wing (!), scads of sedans,
and two coupes.  These, IMHO, are the prettiest Mercedes extant.  There
was a 79 280C and a 66 250 SEC, both of which were to die for.  Whenever
I go to a car show, I always pick one car which I would like to own and
it is always a MB Coupe.  These "two door sedans" (not the SL *sport*
cars) are just so right in their proportions, so clean of line, they
make the four-doors look like trucks.

Also spotted, a 330 Ferrari (for sale) and a BMW 320i. Also tons of
'Merican iron; coralls full of Mustangs and oceans full of corvettes.
Several Ramblers, a Kaiser and even a DeSoto!

Great time, good show, recommend it to anyone.  Except for the heat and
humidity was a very enjoyable day.  Thanks, Doug, for the tip.

Cheers,
Barry Fox      fox@imagitex.com      65 TR4A      CT51681L