Love Strikes, TRV!

To: @car.dis
Subject: Love Strikes, TRV!
From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 11:26:39 EDT
> The car is relatively new for me and all I did was drain the fluid and
> refill it.  Any suggestions are *greatly* appreciated.  How can this
> problem be fixed?  Does the OD unit need rebuilding....;-(

        The overdrive is hydralically actuated.  If the fluid is not up to
the correct level, the OD will not engage.  Sounds like you covered this,
but I learned the hard way, and wanted to pass it on.

> I bought my second 74 MGB and have slowly been bringing it back
> to life.  I'm now ready to replace the dashboard but haven't a
> clue on how to go about removing the original.  I have a copy of
> Hayes Owners Workshop manual but haven't found it to helpful.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

        It's very straight forward.  Undo all the electricals, and look for
the half dozen or so bolts that span the interface of the dash and car.  Put
your head in the footwell looking straight up into the dash, and near the
defroster outputs you shall find them.  Getting them out may require some
grunting and contorting of both you and your rachet set.  Don't forget the
three close to the front of the dash, you can feel them while sitting in
the driver's seat.  Nothing mysterious about it, just do it!

Hey Greg,
You felt bad because you are out where there are few lbc's.  After reading
Bob's note, this morning mind you, I nearlly fell out of my chair.  I live
in Groton, right near Johnson's on Rt 119!  And I didn't know!  ARRRRRAH!

Finally I was quite moved by the TVR's at the car show sunday at MOT.  Do we
have any TVR out there on the net.  I REALLY fell in love with these cars.
And when I looked in one of the bays, what did I see but a B series engine!
I'm home!  I asked the owner how much slower than an M.G.B it was, and he
was quick to explain that the TVR weights 1600 lbs., and the B weighs in
at about 2200 lbs.  That makes this gorgeous coupe faster than the B, and
I'm sure it handles better (low profile, fat tires...).  Man, I just know
this car is for me, I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm so infactuated, how
can I get one???  Finally the owner told me this car which was in very
nice shape would go for about $4500.  I could do that! maybe next year anyway.

Someone stop me!  God, I love the lines of that TVR, from the rear it looks
like an Alfa TZ, and from the front it looks plain fast.  Anybody in the
MA/NH area have one they would like to show off for me?  How can I learn more?
I've felt this way before, and it just doesn't stop until I own one,
or marry her.

-Skip