Pretentious car owners and Skip Cusack

To: akgua!att!british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Pretentious car owners and Skip Cusack
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 18 Jul 94 15:41:00 GMT
Skip,
I bought a Bentley about 17 years ago, when I was young,
stupider, and thought I had some money.  It was a good
deal.  I couldn't afford one today.  I heard about the
RROC, Rolls Royce Owner's Club and want to join but was
somewhat anxious about such a prestigious group and the
moneyed crowd.  I finally joined about 14 years ago and
was pleasantly surprised to find out how many worked on
their own cars.  Granted, there are some that just buy
restored cars or pay to have them restored but they
actually don't fit in that well if they can't discuss
points, plugs, valve clearances, etc.  I was also surprised
to find people from all walks of life in the club.  Their
theme is "keep them on the road" which is about the same as
the MG, etc. club.  An MG is not in the same "class" as a
Bentley because you can't go tearing around on mountain
roads in a Bentley like you can in an MG.  So, pull your self together
and go wax your MG.....It's just Monday.

Don Mathis