British Car Day, MOT, Brookline, MA

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British Car Day, MOT, Brookline, MA
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 18 Jul 1994 11:28:06 -0500 (EST)
Hello again,

British cars day was a successful event again. I'm not sure how many years
they have been doing this event, but the turnout was quite nice. I got there
around 10:15 or so, and I was car 141. More cars arrived after us, so I'm
sure the turnout was above the 150 count, possibly around 175.

As usual, there was an eclectic mix of british iron. Among the interesting
marques were Sunbeams (Tigers and Alpines), Lotii of various types from
7's to Elites and Elans. There was only one AC, an Aceca Bristol that is
very nice. There were a bunch of Triumphs and Austin Healeys and of course
there were a lot of MG TCs and TDs. There was also a MG PA there. Oh, and
there were Jags and Astom Martins.

In the "real car" area were some really neat old Rolls Royces and also a
few Bentleys. Pretty nifty stuff. I saw a pretty neat TR3 for sale for
about $4k (asking). It was _very complete_, but in need of a lot of work.
The owner drove it there, so that's saying something. There was also a funny
thing for sale. A person was selling a rolling TR chassis. Last week at Day
of Triumph the placard said "For Sale, TR4 rolling Chassis $650". This week
it said "TR3B chassis $650". I got a real hoot out of the way the owner
crossed out "TR4" and wrote in "TR3B".

I talked to SOLer Bob Leger who indicated that he was going to stand around
near the entrance to the museum at high noon to see if any other SOLers might
show up for a get-together. How'd you make out, Bob? Alas, I had several folks
stop by to talk to me and drag me around to look at their cars right around
noon. All this while my wife was trying to get me to eat lunch. It is tough
trying to satisfy folks!

At any rate, it didn't rain, it was tolerably warm and breezy and I met a bunch
of nice folks. Around 12:30 or 1, we took off for a ride in the country where
it did rain (briefly). However we did get to see some interesting cars at the
Codman House antique car show in Lincoln, MA. There was an MG PB there. Also
a really BIG Rolls Royce. Then we headed out to Bolton, MA and a short visit
to the Nashoba Winery. After that, we took some twisty backroads through Bolton,
Boxboro and Stow MA just for laughs.

Well, another 100 miles on the clock and a nice day.

bye,
rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |