Re: Master brake cyl. on 72 Midget

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil, fungus@CSOS.ORST.EDU
Subject: Re: Master brake cyl. on 72 Midget
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 10:51:46 CDT
> When I discussed rebuilding the brake master cylinder with a person at a
> local British car shop, he recommended purchasing a rebuilt unit.  There
> are two pistons inside of these, and I guess one is almost impossible to
> get out.  Anyway, they got me a really nice rebuilt unit for around
> 79.00.  It is re-sleeved with brass to the original size.  If you want to
> get one, contact John at British Car persons and I'm sure he could help
> you get one.  Their number is (503) 753-4560.

Well, there is nothing wrong with the cylinder itself, just that the car sat
for 18 years, and all the rubber in the hydraulic systems will be shot.
The cars has only 39000 original miles, so nothing is worn. In fact
the guy at the mechine shop said that the crank mic'ed like it was brand new!

Marcus