Re: British Car Day MOT Brookline, MA

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Car Day MOT Brookline, MA
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 18 Jul 1994 12:44:23 -0500 (EST)
Hello Again,

Timd@world.std.com reminded me of a couple of other interesting tidbits.

Yep Tim, you missed me. I was there, poked out around 12:30 or 1.

Parked next to me was a TR250 with a 302 Ford power train. I realize the
sacrelige (sp?) of this conversion, but in defense of the do-er it was a
pretty clean install. I talked with the owner a bit. The car was built in
KY and then somehow got shipped up to the New England area. The guy was
pretty satisfied with his $5k purchase. Seemed a bit high to me. At any
rate, he decided that the "lake side-pipes" were too loud (a'la Cobra)
and just recently had a Speedy Muffler King put in a custom under the car
system. Add the Ford 8 inch rear and a C4 auto transmission, and that
pretty much sums things up. I think he should get a badge made that says:

                               TR5000

Other stuff. As Tim mentioned there were a bunch of Minis and also TVRs.
One was a '70 or so Vixen S2 with a 1.6 litre engine. That engine looked
so small in that engine bay, well small compared with the usual 3.5 l
Rover V8 that folks like to put in there!

And there were LOTS of lbc's in the parking lot that _should_ have been in the
show.

By the way, if anyone caught who got Best Triumph, I'd like to know so that
I can put the news in the New England Triumph newsletter.

regards,
rml

p.s. I signed up more folks to the New England Triumph news list. This is
getting serious!

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |