Re: Lookin' for some wheels/TR rolling chassis

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lookin' for some wheels/TR rolling chassis
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 14:13:45 EST
 Around 1983, fellow Scion Rik Schlierer and I encountered a similar
 problem. We acquired a set of four American Racing mags to fit a Spitfire.
 However, there were no lug nuts or center caps. Not knowing what else
 to do, I went to Pfeiffer's here in Albany, NY (your typical *if it's
 got a V8, we'll make it go faster and louder and here-you'll-need-
 these-fuzzy-dice-too* kind of speed shop). After the laughter
 (WHAT kind of car? HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA....) subsided, I was able to
 order what I needed and received them fairly quickly.

 Granted, that was over 10 years ago, but it's possible that any local
 auto parts store that handles custom wheels would be able to help
 obtain what you need if it's still available from American Racing.
 Don't know about that fourth wheel, though....

 BTW, did you determine what the rolling chassis really was? TR3 and
 TR4 are different; I can only assume the owner thought it shrewd
 marketing to pass it off as belonging to the more desirable TR3.

 Don't flame me, TR4 lovers, please! I love them, too, but we know
 they're usually passed up in favor of TR3 or TR6 models!

 Andy Mace