Spit Stops and Tired MGAs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Stops and Tired MGAs
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 11:04:14 -0400 (EDT)
Well, before John Leer does all the thing suggested by Greg M (which all
need doing by the sound of it) let me ask if you have checked to see if
you have a gas filter behind the trunk lining. (right outside the tank)

My Spitty used to fill the carbs nicely at idle too - and then die at the
same spot every time. I kept taking the same test route and finally and
found that it was to distance I could go on the carbs "resovoir".

At speed the second filter was so gummed up (because I didn't know it was
there !) that the poor beast starved.

-----
Just a guess. I was actually right on the English TR6 clutch mystery so
maybe I'm on a roll!
Julie,

MGAs needing beefy tires due to weight sounds like utter bumph to me ! I
mean think of the hulks that are rolling around on 4 ply !! The MGA would
be child's play to almost any tyre in terms of weight would it not?

Chris Ball