Triumph Drive in and ABFM in Bellvue

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Drive in and ABFM in Bellvue
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 11:20:09 PST
    >Subject: All british field meet in Bellevue, Wa

    >The show seemed greatly expanded this year.  However I only
    >met one other SOL member (I was wearing my t-shirt) .  John
    >Domby was displaying his daily driver TR6 that was in fine
    >running condition.  He was a bit dismayed being placed
    >between 2 polished and preened models.

I was there.  I don't have any of the SOL merchandise...I guess I need to
identify my car with some.  My TR3 was parked very close to John's TR6(over
one row).  I saw John's SOL markings but didn't see anyone around his car.
Mine was the only small mouth TR3.  It's white/red.  The show was great.
They had over 450 cars there....a record for the event.  Don't miss the
Portland ABFM labor day weekend.

    >Subject: All Triumph Drive In

    >The reason I'm writing is not about hot, sweaty legs, but
    >about the All Triumph Drive-in in Vancouver Wa., coming up
    >this weekend.

I'll be there.  I'll have both my French Blue TR6 and TR3 there.  The setting
will be great.  There's an Antique air park, an old military fort, and a
great park in the same area.  There will be an old bi-plane giving rides
(I think the price will be something like $35 per 15 minute ride).  We also
have a tour planned for saturday and a rally around Portland on sunday.
There are currently 71 cars pre-registered (I helped stuff the goodie bags
for the event last night).  You can also register the same day.  Knowing
the guy that arranged all this, it will be a fun event.

Bruce_Harding@ccm.hf.intel.com