Show talk and Question

To: BritCars List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Show talk and Question
From: Stevens <stevensh@cuug.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 13:42:54 -0600 (MDT)
Well, for the second time in as many weeks I've put my daily runner '64
MGB into a show, alongside some absolutely beautiful representatives of
the marque, and as a result now have a bad case of
"where-do-I-start-restorationitis".

Now that's not to say my B is overly tatty. In fact, I consider it a
relatively good example of an original car (ie: no chrome where chrome
was not found originally), complete with stone chips, door dings and a
very little bit of lifting paint. But seeing it alongside restored
examples, overchromed or not, twice in one month does get to you. Add to
this the recent arrival of the latest Moss catalogue and I'm literally
drooling over the possibilities.

The first show was the GoF West (mentioned in a previous posting), while
this past weekend was a European Classis Car meet held here in Calgary by
the Vintage Sports Car Club of Calgary. More than 100 vehicles from a
variety of countries. Lots of LBCs (and big ones too: including a '62
Bristol double-decker bus). Highlights (for me) were a low-light Morris
Minor, an XK-120 FHC (in the parking lot) and the previously-posted
bright yellow '71 Land Rover 88", now replete with AA markings.

And a first for me was meeting another SOL-er, Mark Williams (Hi Mark!)
who also calls Calgary home for himself and his MGB. Any other Albertans
on the list?

Now to my question. I'm still a long way from a restoration on my MGB,
but I would like to rebuild the HS-4 SU carbs this winter. However, in
checking the carb ID numbers, I find I have one AUD52 SU and one AUD135 SU, and
both are R (rear) carbs. The 52 is currently mounted at the front. While
the Moss rebuild kits are the same for both the 52 and the 135, am I
going to run into any problems rebuilding an AUD52R for use up-front? It
should be noted that I've been running this car, as is, for 11 years now
(Boy would I love to be able to trace the history of it) without any
problems from the engine.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

-- Henry

 /==============\      stevensh@cuug.ab.ca
 |      |       |    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
 /___/^^^^^^\___\      have: '64 MGB roadster
 |(@) [####] (@)|      want: LWB Land Rover
 ======%%%%======    "Without a real car, I'm only
 {*}={&&}====={*}      half a man." -Dean Jones
 {*}          {*}                 "The Love Bug"