GT6+ running again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ running again
From: Michel Pelletier <emp0375@umoncton.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 18:09:23 -0300 (ADT)
Hello all!

After about a month and 1/2 my 1970 GT6+ is back on the road and wow,
what a difference!

The list of work includes the following:

new clutch, slave cylinder kit, lower trunion kit, ball joints, 1 tie rod
end, new differential seal (no more dripping!!), patch job on the driver
side floor, and a four tip Monza exhaust system.

With the help of many on the list, I ordered all the parts from Canadian
Suppliers, hassle free.  Peninsula Imports has good service, limited
parts but relatively fast shipping.  Obsolete Automotive has SUPER fast
shipping, excellent selection and fair prices.  Thanks to Dave from
Montreal.

Ok, I have to admit, I didn't believe you guys when you said the Monza is
loud :)  I thought I couldn't be that loud :)  Well......hmmmm...it's
loud!!!  Now that I know how to keep the decibels down on it, it's not so
bad.  But as soon as the revs go up...  I don't have a radio in the car
and it's just as well.  Thanks to Michael in our great Canadian north ofr
installation tips.

Also, thanks to all those who provided info on front suspension, not only
is it a lot smoother, it iliminated the vibration at highway speeds.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I refurbished my dash:  looks really
nice and my girlfriend even handpainted the BRAKE and HAZARD labels
beneath the warning lights.  I had a real hard time installing the dash
back and hope I never have to go through it again :)

Michel

--Duct tape is like the force, it has a good side and a dark side yet
  still holds the universe together.
    Ecole de Genie          FAX: 506-384-5517
    Universite de Moncton   emp0375@bosoleil.ci.umoncton.ca
    VP Finances/            Federation Canadienne des Etudiant-e-s en Genie
    Atlantique              Canadian Federation of Engineering Students