Re: Lights and relays

To: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Subject: Re: Lights and relays
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 09:43:48 -0500 (CDT)
Todd Mullins writes >

> How do I walk into a store and buy the exact relay I want?

You ask to see the book.  Each relay is shown with a small schematic
diagram ("map") of the connections, contacts and coil.  Pick what you need.

This is what I have to do with the Lotus.  Conversation goes like this.

Me:        I want to buy a relay.
Parts Guy: For what car?
Me.        (laughter) No, that ain't gonna work.  Just show me
           the book, please.

Actually, there is one guy there that used to race Formula Ford.  I
usually wait to talk to him, because he knows where I am coming from.