Drop your Top if you're British!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Drop your Top if you're British!
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 10:04:24 -0400 (EDT)
Here's a casual observation from yesterday and today's drive into work.
It's about using your convertable as a .... convertable.

I saw three LeBaron convertables, two Buicks, two Fiats, nine or ten
Miatas, three MGBs and a TR6. The Bs and  the 6 had the tops down. All of
them. The other ALL had the tops up.

Today is was cool and sunny. 23 degrees C. PERFECT ! I then looked in the
lot at work. We have four American droptops and an MGB. The B and I had
the tops down, the rest had the tops up.  (And, though I hate to admit it
their tops are a hell of a lot easier to put up and down)

So, we do these people HAVE a ragtop? A why do all the Brit cars have the
tops down practically all the time? I'm at the point where seeing a Miata
on the road with me with the top down is surprising.

Chris "every little Breeze" Ball