auto restoration

To: akgua!att!british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: auto restoration
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 29 Jul 94 12:46:00 GMT
TeriAnn,
You left out one detail on auto restoration.  Sharpen your
saw blade!  On a '37 Bentley there is wood in the trunk,
under the running boards, behind the rear seats, and in the
rear floor.  I have to rebuild the wood under one of the
running boards.  I've already done the trunk.  I have an
appointment with a guy in Gainesville, Georgia in mid-
September who can rebuild the structural wood like around the
windshield.  It must be dovetailed since it holds the windshield
and holds the front door locks.  He will peel the aluminum back,
re-place the wood and then recover the aluminum.  I'm nervous
about tackling that myself.
This winter I hope to restore the instruments, refinish the dash
board and all of the wood around the windows.  Cheers-
Don Mathis