Re: Falcon stainless steel exhaust??

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, msharp@Synopsys.COM
Subject: Re: Falcon stainless steel exhaust??
From: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 1994 02:39:26 -0700
Way back on Wed, 31 Aug 94, Michael Sharp <msharp@Synopsys.COM> asked:

> Anyone have experience with the Falcon stainless exhaust?

I'm going to be installing a new Falcon stainless exhaust system
on my 1974 Triumph TR-6 sometime during the next couple of days.

I _finally_ received the last bits from TRF after a _very_ long wait.

I am very impressed with the quality of this exhaust system. I do
not expect any problems with the installation.

A couple of (minor) complaints I have:

  1. The surface of the mounting flange which bolts to the
     exhaust manifold wasn't very flat. I ground/filed down the welds
     to improve the fit against the flat on the exhaust manifold.

  2. I had to spend a significant amount of time trying to remove the
     manufacturer's labels from each and every piece of this exhaust
     system.

     Application of liberal amounts of kerosene seemed to work well.

So, Michael, I think the vote is unanimous ... Go for it!

 -- Flemming Larsen                       flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu