Cars that die when you stomp the Gas

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars that die when you stomp the Gas
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 15:55:38 -0400 (EDT)
This is a simple suggestion but one that evaded me and drove me mad for
while. If the wire from the coil to the distributor is too tight the
engine flex will cause a bad connection at times, causing an
intermitent and eventually final fail.

Again, although I was teased last time I mentioned this, the wire may come
apart inside the insulation, leaving awire that looks OK but is not.

I've been away so this is a very late reply.

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ontario.  (416) 751-8300 Work
'75 Spitfire 1500
'64 Healey 3000 Mk. III
'59 TR3A
With your Chrome heart shining in the sun,
long may you run. - Neil Young