NE Area Events

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: NE Area Events
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 1994 15:20:31 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Looking over my schedule, I see the next few weeks crammed with activity.
September, it seems, is the "last fling" for the New England British car
nuts^h^h^h^henthusiasts.

Why this very weekend, New England Triumphs is having their annual Lobster tour
(if you didn't call yet, it's too late!) on Sat. and then Bob Morneau and
friends are having the Portland ME gathering on Sunday. For the last 4 or 5
years, the weather has been _perfect_ lbc weather for these events, and right
now it looks like this will be the case again. If you want to hit the Portland,
ME event, it is held at Fort Williams/Portland Head Light Park in South
Portland on Sunday, 11-Sep-94 from 9 to 4 or so.

Of course next weekend (16-18 Sep) is the British Invasion at Stowe, VT. This
is getting to be a pretty big show, and it is held in a really nice area. It's
a bit pricey, but it is a nice event.

The following weekend is rather light, but I am holding a gimmick rallye on
Sat. 24-Sep-94 that'll start in the Concord, MA area and wind through the
Northern Boston 'burbs on very lightly used roads. If you are interested, drop
me a line, I'd like to see a good turnout. Also that weekend on Sun 25-Sep will
be some sort of gimmick rallye in Newport, RI. I suppose SOLer Jim Finn might
have more info on that.

Then we take it easy for a weekend while we shine up the cars (and rake the
leaves) in preparation for the Nth annual British Motorcar Fraternity outing in
Westminster, VT. that will be held Fri to Sun 7-9 Oct. There are all kinds of
neat things going on that weekend including a trip to Hemmings, a Fox and
Hounds rallye, a tour, a dinner in Dublin, NH sat. night and of course the car
show at the MG museum on Sunday.

So, take heart North Eastern US folks. Over the next month or so you have
almost no reason _not_ to get the lbc out and check out some other lbc's and
related folks. In fact, if you are very observant you might even catch me at
almost any one of these events. If you're looking for me, I'm usually near my
carmine red '74 TR6 with the silver stripe (except when nature calls, right
Doug Phillips?). I'm the goofy looking guy telling bad jokes and shooting tons
of pictures/videos.

Later,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |