Jag XJ6 airflow meters repairable?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag XJ6 airflow meters repairable?
From: brian@HARPO.AMPR.AB.CA (Brian Hutchison)
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 14:22:10 -0600
Hi all,

I'm posting this for my brother, who has a 1986 Jag XJ6 Sovereign. He's
been having trouble with it running rough. So he got it checked out, and
they've narrowed it down to the airflow meter. They want to charge him
$1100 (canadian) for a new one, or $430 for a used one (no warranty).

His basic questions are: Are these things rebuildable? If so, who does
them? Do these prices sound as unrealistic to everyone else as they do to
him? What options does he have?

Any and all suggestions and opinions welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

- Brian Hutchison            |
  brian@harpo.ampr.ab.ca     |              Gumball.