Weekend of 17th/Williamsburg, VA

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend of 17th/Williamsburg, VA
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 10:56:54 +0000
Anyone going to the Berkeley Plantation British Car Meet
September 18th, 10:00 a.m. -> ??

I'll be there with a freshly painted (pick it up today!! <g>) '73 MGB and (I
hope) a girlfriend with a '69 Spitfire.  Both green (the CARS, of course).

Seven Enterprises, in Newport News, VA is having an open house the day
before.  Here's a message I posted locally for the two events.

(Seven Enterprises sells parts for MGs and Austin Minis)

Seven Enterprises Open House --- September 17 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
At the Warehouse (716 Bluecrab Road, Newport News, VA)

Scratch and dent sale, used parts
10% discount on all new merchandise (except sale items)
Parts Quiz
Door Prizes
Refreshments

Rt 64 to Oyster Point Road Exit... Left on Canon Blvd, through light,
next right is BlueCrab Road.  All the way at the end in the cul-de-sac.
Next to Orkin.

800-992-7007 for info.

Sunday September 18
10th Annual British Car Day at Berkeley Plantation, Williamsburg

Convoy leaves Seven Enterprises at 8:30 a.m.
Field opens 10 a.m. (this leaves enough time for even Britcars to make it
to Williamsburg...)
Over 300 cars expected.
Hosted by Central Virginia MG Classics Ltd.

Call Bruce Woodson 804-261-1020 for info/registration.

To the person with Colortune problems... I have the same thing with the
MG... orange with intermittant blue until I lean it dead.  I suspect a
worn needle/valve (terminology takes a holiday... the fuel metering needle
and the thing the needle gazinta).

I saw someone write about different dizzy curves and needles for different
years.  I have a Pirhana upgrade to a '73 dizzy, and a single HS6 on an
Austin Marina manifold in my MGB (don't laugh too hard, it is a P.O. hack).
What the heck do I put in for a needle?

Getting the digest at home and a new paint job all in the same day... yippee!

John M. Trindle     | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB E Stock     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
"1st Law of Motion - A Little British Sportscar at rust tends to remain
at rust.  A LBC in motion will remain in motion unless the brakes have
been recently rebuilt. - JMT"