Re:Triumph GT6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk
Subject: Re:Triumph GT6
From: blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk (Steve Goodall)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 17:59 BST-1
Greetings from Britain....

If my memory serves me correctly a GT6 was a coupe hard-top touring
version of the Spitfire with a bulged bonnet - sorry, hood to you - to
accomodate the Triumph straight six 2.0/2.5 litre lump that they used for
their p.i. saloons. (It also went into an absolutely beautiful variant of
the Vitesse.) I drove one once: it was hideously uncomfortable, handled
like a brick on old sump oil and was good for:

                                1) going fast in straight lines;
                                2) suicide.

I also had an unfortunate experience with the said lump in the said p.i.
saloon, but I'll save that horror for another time....

I live in Birmingham, which is/was Britains motor city.  Trust me: not
everything we ever made was an object of veneration but our breakers
yards are piled high and the parts are cheap.

Bye from Steve!