Daily Driver vs. econobox

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Daily Driver vs. econobox
From: JWisland@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 94 14:18:24 EDT
> Around here, anyway, an MG in very good shape is easily worth as much as a
> five year old econobox.
> [deletia]
>  A five year old econobox will not need to have [hoses, etc]....
If not a 30-year-old MG, I'd most likely get a -ten- yr old, -quality/Japan-
econobox or a 20-30 yr-old swedishbrick (with many of same age/P.O.
concerns). Of course, I expect to do better maintenance than avg. owner of
5-yr-old Amer. car would do.

> An LBC is *not* cheap transportation for someone who just wants cheap
> transportation. It
Of course, I don't want *Just* cheap transportation.  Would I be on this
list? :)

>lots of people would rather spend the time going to the movies. Or spend the
>money on a VCR.

or their time/money on other necessities: shelter, health ins./care, books...

In connection,

Judith