Warm Spitfires....

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk
Subject: Warm Spitfires....
From: blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk (Steve Goodall)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 94 12:33 BST-1
Greetings from Britain!

"R. Heyman" <consult@DGS.dgsys.com> writes about Spitfires:

"1.  There is, what seems to be, a unusual amount of heat generated
from the engine compartment, felt by the ocuupants of the cockpit:
both driver and passenger.  Is this a Spitfire specialty?  If so (or
not).. can someone reccommend a method of reducing this heat flow.
It does make the car a bit unbearable on hot summer days (though I
suspect it will be somewhat welcome in October)."

This is common in British sports cars.  They were made for hardy
types who were used to pre-greenhouse conditions in an oceanic
climate.  MGB drivers will probably agree with me on this one....

Bye from Stevie!