Turn signals

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British-Cars)
Subject: Turn signals
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 94 16:50:54 EDT
        I finally gave up trying to find the cause for my slow turn signals
on the left side (some combination of resistance in wires going to the
ignition switch dropping the voltage by ~1-1.5V and more resistance in the
left-hand signals and the new flasher unit being more sensitive).  I
installed a non-thermal flasher unit from Pep Boys (~$8).  It doesn't fit
in the bracket (round, clear plastic case) but it works _perfectly_.

        BTW, I heavily recommend having someone with the right tools change
U-joints once you have them out of the car.  I didn't even try this time
(inner rears of a TR6) after wasting many hours last time.  It took them
much more time than they planned from what they told me, and cost me $50.

        At last the '6 is back on the road, with working turn signals,
new rear brake shoes (and an adjuster :-( ), and new inner rear ujoints
(I knew I should have done both a few thousand miles back when the outers
went).  Just in time for the fall driving season!  I've been chafing to
drive it with the beautiful cool fall-like weather we've been having here
in the northeast.

        Randell Jesup, '70 TR6