(TR4AIRS) two-speed wiper motor

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (Receipt Notification Requested) (Non Receipt
Subject: (TR4AIRS) two-speed wiper motor
From: Daniel Heyer <heyer@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.d400.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 18:28:49 +0200
Hi SOLers,

no, I didn't polish my brake calipers to mirror finish; I just cleaned
them thoroughly. They feel like a dead sea urchin now, if you know what I
mean. But I decided to clear-coat them with Nyalic; I will give you
notice if it turns out to be a bad idea.

If I ever wondered why my wipers refused to switch to second gear, I now
know the reason why: some PO exchanged the standard two-speed wiper motor
(D3 type) for a single-speed motor (D3A type), which has been fitted to
the TR4 series, to my knowledge. Well, this isn't really serious, but I
certainly would like to have a two-speed wiper motor, as this was part of
the car's original specs. You don't get these motors very easily around
here. Only possibility is to buy a restored one on an exchange program,
but you can't send them a single-speed and get a double-speed back... So
please, fellow SOLers, look into your buckets and bins, and tell me
your price! Of course, I would also exchange it for the single-speed,
with value compensation and prepaid P & P costs if necessary.

Thanks, Daniel
Dr. Daniel Heyer                      | Dept. of Radiology
E-Mail: heyer@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.de | Univ. Hospital Eppendorf
voice +40 4717 4010 fax +40 4717 4517 | 20246 Hamburg,Germany
+65 TR4A IRS # CTC 50932 LO