Re: Re; Viper Wins Super Stock!

To: Rocky Entriken <0003006623@mcimail.com>
Subject: Re: Re; Viper Wins Super Stock!
From: hdmwi@chevron.com
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 94 09:45:06 -0500
Rocky,

  Goodness Rocky...Is your daughter irritating you with a squirt gun again???
Actually, I thought the Viper belonged in ASP a long time ago (yes I
sent a letter to the SEB and yes another one is being prepared).  I
realize that Jim Harnish is an excellent driver, and deserved his win
BUT  and it is a big but (maybe not as big as Dick Berger's) I think
the Viper has performance well beyond that of the other cars in SS,
including the soon to be SS RX-7 TT.
   I based my opinion on magazine tests, comparison tests etc. Watching
Jim skillfully weave the Viper around the south course only reinforced
what I thought I saw in the road tests.  The Viper is a car that
handles as well as a late model vette or RX-7, but has a much stronger,
more flexible engine.  Anyway, I'm putting on my asbestos underwear so flame
away...

  BTW, Nationals was an absolute blast.  My only regret is that it had
to end.  It was great to meet people from the net for the first time!
I ended up 22nd out of 44 in SS.  It was better than I hoped,
especially in a class that has so many good drivers, but still a little
disappointing somehow.  Practice, practice, practice!!!  Jackie (my a
wife, and a friend of the net) nabbed the third place trophy in SSL.
See you all next year???
                       Doug Wille